Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Randy can walk

Today is a momentous day!  Late last night we heard quite the commotion in our new bathroom.  I got out of bed to check on my little night owl Tanner.  (this was about midnight)  He was sitting in his bed watching tv and munching on something, so I went back to bed.  When we awoke this morning Cooper informed me that the sink had fallen out of the counter top.  I didn't believe him.  But he was telling the truth!
 After further inspection Randy decided that the bondo glue had given out.  Whew, for a minute there I thought that Tanner's tv stand had fallen on him.  And nothing is broken, so no harm done.

Now on for the best news in months!  Dr. Higgins has given Randy the green light to ...STAND.  He will need to wear his boots for another few weeks.  He will need to use a walker.  But he can stand.  He wasted no time in trying out his new mode of transportation.  He didn't give me much warning so I had to grab the camera and run to catch his first steps on video!
(Sorry you only get a picture.  I don't know how to download video to my blog yet.  And I only took this shot of him.)  We have a follow up appointment in one month.  Dr. Higgins said he expects Randy to be walking in the door at that appointment.  Oh Happy Day.  (Now I just need to find a car.  Yikes, I thought I had more time:)  I'm hoping for a Sonata should anyone out there have any suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news and so good to see Randy on his feet again!!!

    Love you guys,

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy, how does the world look standing up? Hope you gain your muscle's back soon, I don't want to be the only one with large calf muscles!!! Love you lot's!
    -Denise H

    ReplyDelete