Tuesday, March 8, 2011

thank you for all of your well wishes

Everyone has been so kind to us.  From people in the ward bringing in meals, to sympathy cards and even money.  It is all so welcomed and appreciated.  Today I was feeling rather down and sorry for myself. When I came home late from dropping Karly off to her book club, and lending out our car to Becky Shelton I discovered a wonderful get well card filled with money and gift cards.  It was not signed.  Another random act of kindness. (It is the bird card in the middle)Thank you generous mystery person!
This, along with the card from my high school friend Rickee I got in the mail today really helped to lift my spirits! Thank you.
 Cooper is super impressed by it.  He seems the most excited to open our cards.  I wonder if it is because he was too sick to open his before?
Thank you everyone who has and is continuing to help us.  The meals were a big help.  I feel so overwhelmed with working extra and the stress of bills and family life that not having to think of what to make for dinner was so wonderful.
 Receiving money is a big stress reliever.   I honestly breath a bit lighter each time.   It also makes me feel guilty because I know that everyone is going through tough times in this economy.  We are no more special than anyone else.  But I am ever so grateful for your generosity.
  To all of your sweet thoughts and kind words, the encouragement, the people who can relate to our situation, the close friends who let me whine, the saints who let my kids play at their houses, to you I say thank you.  I am reminded everyday how blessed we are to have such great people in our lives.  I am ever so grateful to be on my journey of life with you.
"People are more important than things." Grandma Margret Alder

No comments:

Post a Comment