Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday= still no surgery



My Father in Law stayed the night with Randy. After the kids went to school (I left Austen at home with Tanner)I arrived in time to see the surgeon and have him look at Randy's right foot. He said although the swelling was down, the surgery site of the ankle was still too swollen to operate. He apologized and let the nurses know Randy could eat and drink again. The exam was quite painful for Randy.

I told the surgeon that Doc Rosen said what a beautiful job he had done. The surgeon blushed (wow) and said" why, thank you for sharing that with me. Be sure to thank him for me as well."

Then another hospital day, trying to keep Randy's feet comfortable. Visitors, a bath, nap etc.

Surgery for tomorrow is tentative and not planned until 10- 12.

I forgot to mention that Tanner had a follow up Dr. appointment today. Austen took him for me and I sent a note. The appointment was at the same time as the surgery was to be. The doctor called me and we were able to get things taken care of. Austen missed school to do this for me.

Just checked me emails. Doc Rosen put together a great story page with all the boys point of view of Randy's story. It is great and after I get permission I will share it with all of you. I still can't wait to get the pictures from Dan Turney. It is a great way to see the story.

I am getting quite exhausted running in between my hospital life and 'normal' life. The mental drain can be too taxing for me at times. I plan on working tomorrow for two hours just to have a mental break from the drama. I started to get the shakes this morning. I had them every time I was away from Cooper. It is just the stress. Going to work and having a different focus will be a good break. A nice visit to normal if you will.

The kids are doing okay. The older two worry. Tanner is anxious. Cooper seems to take it all in stride. I think he feels like a hospital veteran. He knows the drill of post-poning and not having a time line.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh all to familiar. Crying all the way to the hospital because I was leaving the kids just to cry all the home because I was leaving Justin. Make sure you take a break by going to a restaurant (not the hospital cafeteria) and to shop or something for an hour or two not just work. It took me a month but finally someone made me go to lunch and shopping for a couple of hours. It really did help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- OUCH! His ankle looks very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are nasty! Yuck.
    Hang in there Wendy. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete