Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All of the stitches are out

 The right foot.

All of the stitches are out!  This time they used a knife instead of scissors.  Randy said it didn't hurt as bad as the scissors did.  Less tugging.  After the  stitches were out we put his ted hose back on.  Kara showed me a trick to putting them on.  I was still not able to get them all the way on.  Randy's ankle is just too tender and swollen to make it work out on his right leg.  He doesn't have as much movement as the other ankle.
With all of the stitches out he can now get his legs wet.  NOT soak them, but they could get wet in the shower.  So no more bags if he wants to take the ted hose on and off.  Which he doesn't yet.
Everything looked good. (they only looked at the right leg.)  We got a refill (new prescription) on his pain meds.  His body is going through withdrawals of the medicine.  He is dizzy,  getting headaches, and his stomach is upset.
The doctor said we don't have to uses the oxygen any more.  I called the delivery people to take it back.  They need a doctors note.  I called the doctor to call the delivery people to cancel the oxygen.  No word yet if that happened.  I hope it will be soon so we don't have to pay another month of fee's for it.
The Shelton's van that we borrow is broken.  I took it to Orem to see if Kara's work could fix it.  It needs a new circuit board in order for the ramp to work.  The hinges need to be replaced for the door not to shut on itself in the wind.
We were not able to get the lift to work for Randy's appointment on Tue.  I put some boards down to use as a ramp to put Randy inside.  He didn't go for that.  So I ran inside to get his transfer board.  We finally figured out how to take the seat out of my van.  He was able to get from his chair to the floor of our van.  Then scoot back into the back seat somehow.  I didn't see how he gets from the ground to the seat.  But he was much more comfortable in transport sitting forward.  He said there was less jostling around this way as well.  So it looks like we wont need to borrow anymore.
Later that day I was able to rush off to the DLD to get a handicap tag for our van.  We were lucky enough to have a built in one when borrowing Shelton's van.  But now we have our own temporary one.  We don't plan on going anywhere just yet.  Our next doctor appointment isn't for another month.  I am so happy for this news:)
I was even able to make a doctor appointment for myself and for Cooper.  Imagine that.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT! One BIG step closer! It is such a wonderful time when the stitches come out. Glad you were able to get those tricky seats out. How are you doing? Do you need ANYTHING? Let me know if there is anything I can do for you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for all you are going through, I cant imagine... Please tell Randy the Holman's are praying for him and your family. Hang in there, call me if i can help with kids or meals or anything... Our friend baby is in icu at primary's with a liver trauma and it just seems like we all wish we could help and don't know what to do? Worry, cry, pray hmmm... You know all about this. when i had my spine fused poor brett had to be mom, dad, cook, provider, and still give me care... he can understand your position.

    ReplyDelete