Thursday, February 3, 2011

Today is better

I am having a better day today.  The demolition is finished (yay).  Now many nice men are putting the house back together.  There really is a team of people.  Some to finish the tile in the bathroom, others to sand the floors.  Dreu was kind enough to put a big rush on the project because Randy may be home sooner than we thought. 
In fact while I was with Randy at the hospital today I got a call from the medical people to let me know that Randy's hospital bed was coming to the house on Saturday because he was being discharged that day.  Hu?  Then I explained our situation and he said he would call the hospital and get back to me.
Our floors wont' be ready to walk on until Sunday.  I guess if a bed comes early it goes in the garage. 
It's so funny because one person says Randy can't go home until they send someone out to check the house, he can pee on his own, etc.  Then another one says your going home tomorrow.  Ah, the life in a hospital.
He still has his catheter in.  They say they will take it out tomorrow. (I've heard them say this for 3 days in a row now.)
He is doing amazing work in P.T.  Randy is amazing.  He can lift his legs up off the bed.  His casts are giant and heavy so this is really great.  He can transfer from bed to chair with very little assistance.  He stays awake longer each day.  Randy needs help log rolling and doing other things but I feel better being able to see him.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy I am so happy to hear that things are going better, and that Randy is doing so much better...still a long road but such a better out look right now. Lots of Love Nikki

    ReplyDelete