Friday, February 25, 2011

what to do?

Randy is having drug with-drawls.  They are hard to watch.  Hard for him to go through.  But I remind him each time that Cooper did the same thing the last month or so of his hospital stay.  To me it's a little bit exciting because this should mean that we are close to the end! (I hope)
He still hurts and sheds some tears.  He is having a down day.  It's so weird really.  Randy is never down.  I was able to cheer him up and get him to eat.  I told him I thought he was immune to being depressed.  He smiled.  He sure is wishing he could do something; anything.
We showered his legs last night and I put lotion on them.  I even shaved some of his leg hair to make it so his ted hose won't pull quite as much.  His hair was too much for my razor so he still has lots of hair.
This morning his blood level was too low.  So his blood is thin.  His right ankle has been hurting and we discovered he has a little crack type bruise on the crease.  I put neosporin on it and it's getting better.
He slept without his ted hose on for the first time.  His sheets were covered in dead skin by morning.  Yuck.  So he was lucky and got two sets of clean sheets in 12 hours.  Isn't his nurse so nice? :)
As Randy won't be able to work full time for at least one year; (even he realizes this now) I have started to look for employment that offers medical benefits for my family.  I currently work at Dyslexia Tutoring of Utah.  I love what I do and it is very rewarding.  The pay is excellent!  There are no benefits however.  So if anyone knows of something that I could do and still be home for my kids after school please let me know.
The bishop has been very kind and offered what help he could.  Even with this help we are still short $650 a month without paying any medical bills.  We can sustain this for a while.   But I really do hate to be on assistance.  Therefore I am just trying to stay open to possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, I know we don't know each other super well, but I was reading your blog and saw that you said you could use help with Tanner. I don't know if he goes to Grant too, and I'm assuming he's your kindergartner. Anyway, I just wanted to offer that I would be happy to let him come to our house for a couple hours and play with my kindergartner and other kids after school. I don't know if he's in am or pm. Farrah is in am. But, it doesn't matter either way. I could also help with homework and things like that. I'm usually just home everyday, so he could come over most days, unless we have plans or something that day. Maybe this isn't a problem for you anymore, but my kids love play dates. So, I just wanted to let you know that I'm willing to help if you need it. Randy has worked on the plumbing in our house, I don't know if you know where we live, but it's just in the neighborhood north of Grant. And, you know, my in laws, Dick and Lynda Baldwin. Anyway, just let me know if you need anything!!
    Jenny Baldwin

    ReplyDelete