Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sat Feb 19= a hard day

Last night Tricia and Justin came for a visit and brought dinner.  We ate together at the table with Randy.  Mark Rosen stopped by and we all had a great visit.  After a while Randy had to go lie down so we moved our party to the bedroom.  It was so nice to feel normal again.  Justin brought his old wheel chair for us to use when Randy can stand.
This morning I had work training, then I went to Mr. Cooper's viewing.  When I arrived home Randy was in tears.  The pain was too great.  He wept for a while so I called his doctor.  When the on call person called me back they said by law they are not able to give out pain meds over the phone or on the weekend.   He said I would have to take him to the E.R.  So I asked what I could do with what we had on hand.
He recommended cutting his pills in half and taking one and a half.  I also took off the boot from his right foot to ease the swelling.  After a while that seemed to do the job.
Karly was willing to let me drive with her tonight.  I had such a great time.  I can't believe my baby can drive!  When I said this Karly said, "see, this is why I didn't want to do this with you."  But really; we did great together and it was fun.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that things like this happen on weekends? How frustrating. I am glad that you were able to get his pain under control without having to take him to the ER. That is not an easy thing to do right now.

    ReplyDelete