Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Feb 17 2011

Today Randy was able to move his ankles a tiny bit.  Not even close to a circle.  More of a twitch.  But enough that it gave him hope.  And it was more than yesterday.  He is getting quite good in the bathroom.  He is even  better in the wheelchair.  His only hang up is that the fridge is too close to the island for him to reach into it.  I have put some food in the door of the fridge for him to ease this problem.  However he still needs me or someone to prepare his meals and put them on the table.
I was able to get the ted socks for Randy today.  (Thank you to you know who)  He is too tired to let me put them on yet, but we will soon.  Even just the effort of trying to wiggle his ankles tires him out.  He is sleeping a lot during the day.  But he is also sleeping better at night.  We have added tylenol to his medicine regiment to help ease the pain.  It is working out well.
I called Tricia today to ask her for some advice.  It was good to hear her voice and she was able to comfort me.  She and Justin are going to visit us on Friday.  I can hardly wait.
I asked my boss if I can do some office hours and she said yes.  This will help out a little bit as well.  If I can just live in the moment things don't look so bad.  It's when I try to  look ahead a month or two that I start to panic.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished tutoring for Friday. My tutor students grandma gave me money. How sweet is that? People are so amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete